My Blogs: Home | Psychologist | Brain Safari | Zeit und ich | Thai Mission | 思潮 、愛 | Mem Only @ | About |

blog counter

12/02/2007

Live Video of Franklin Graham Festival in Happy Valley (last day 2 Dec 07)

Completely FULL at 3pm already at the HK Stadium!!

And by 3.30pm, already full in the South Sports Club.

I finished the FULL thesis and email to my boss at 4.05pm, rush to take my lunch, and I arrive at the HK Stadium at 4.30pm.

Policeman said, "no entrance, full." "Oh, you are a counselor, and they need counselor there in the HK Race Course. So go there, take a $15 taxi ride, and get there!"

So I took $17 taxi ride and arrive there safe and sound at 4.45pm.

Still singing a few hymns. Then at 5.10pm, Graham appeared on the screen.

He Asked people whether they want to accept Jesus as their personal savior.

People moved down immediately as Graham invite them to come down from their seats to accept Jesus Christ. But there were also a lot of people who went down and dashed to the gate! The "feeding", or the echo because of slight distance between different source of sound, yet this made comprehension very difficult.

Nevertheless, a lot of people gathered down there. I quickly picked my bag, my camera, and dashed there as I need to offer newly converted people explanation of our faith, fill in the forms, and invitation for future Church activities. I walked and walked and wondered around.....

2 comments:

aMy said...

I did go, but I really didn't like it

http://spiritual-amy.blogspot.com/2007/12/thoughts-on-franklin-graham-festival.html

Jesus' Gal said...

oh I see.
I am checking it out.
wah! You have much better photos and videos than mine.. And you manage to squeeze in the main venue!!!! I have to go to the Happy Valley one...:(

Ha ha it is indeed very noisy, and the sound full of 'feed'.

he he: in the midst of all the poor sound system (esp bad in Happy Valley), funny foreign lang & translation, unclear words, boredom, crowdedness :) :) etc :)

It has to be the work of the Holy Spirit to help these many people to make a decision to come, to stay, to listen, to come down and convert.


Life goes on and it is the continual work and interaction with our Triune God in our life-time. It signifies a fresh-beginning, the re-birth. The growth then take place. Like the parable of the "seeds on the road"

Someone may take longer than the other to reach their next stage in faith. Somebody may just revert before their conversion, or just stay blank, as if no conversion at all.

But it did happen in their life history that they know they had once made a decision for themselves about this re-birth.

Birth of new Christian babies. What next? Drink milk. Some babies grow and eat RICE, some babies get lost. other babies get lost and be found again later in their lives.


Faith needs a start : conversion

Faith needs a process: growth