My Blogs: Home | Psychologist | Brain Safari | Zeit und ich | Thai Mission | 思潮 、愛 | Mem Only @ | About |

blog counter

11/13/2007

Verstehen mir!!!!!!!!!!!!! Meine Forschung...Mein Hipcups..

Little progress in the languages that I am learning...

Even less progress in my thesis writing...............

My Lord has grant me this opportunity in brain research




I have always been interested in the body-and-mind issue, only that the more I study the more far away I think I am from the answer, as I know more of what I don't know. I have been doing research for 9-10 years in neurodevelopmental illnesses (Schizophrenia, psychosis, autism, ADHD). I started out to focus on cognitive deficits in experimental psychology, and then moved into MRI. It seems that I get nearer to the biology of the brain in doing different cognitive tasks when the mind is ill, I do, but I am more unsure of what can be done. I hope PsyD can help me with the treatments. I still am most interested in psychiatric conditions, especially when one may control and also cannot control one's mental conditions, like psychosis, addiction. I would like to do psychotherapy to help (to add on the drugs), after seeing so much pharmacological limits. It seems that psychodynamics are very telling... I don't know yet how effective they are on say addictive behavior.



Subscribe in a reader

Writing my thesis as a 'dyslexic'




How can I overcome my fear in writing. This is something I have been talking about since my high school.




I have a hard time STARTing the writing. So I tend to do other things before I absolutely need to write AT my dead deadline.....




Maybe that's why I am learning new languages. It has a great satisfaction, from you know nothing at all, to being able to pronounce the words... almost instantly once you start to learn the new language. And the intellectual demand is low too. Just need to copy and copy and remember and recite very simple ideas. As one always start with the Alphabets, the lovely kindergarden stuff like apples, oranges, I am a gal, He is a boy.. kind of things. With little effort... one is already from zero bounce up to the success of say WORDS, and even making a FULL SENTENCE: My name is Koala.




So... I don't quite proceed with any language, except English. Even with English, I don't quite improve even since high school. So I keep using my high school English to finish all my degrees, even doctorate degrees. Well, I haven't finished any of them yet... just my Master.




When it comes to writing Mandarin... I think I prefer to write English, or the best is to write a trilingual passage, with Cantonese, Mandarin, and English... so no one really can understand me..


Computer Idiot


I have not been able to master the computer software language during the past 3 years in order for me to proceed with this thesis. I just cut and paste others' programs, script published online, and ask my colleages to help.

I just think I haven't made the most out of the opportunity my Lord has given me.........


I have the perfect work team and the most caring boss!!!!





The first day of work for my German colleague, we went to the Jumbo boat to have lunch!


Subscribe in a reader

No comments: